Our business manager teaching about school/teacher/staff wants and needs with our third grade students for their economics unit. She also shared how she uses Numbers to manage the school budget.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Monday, February 25, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
Friday, February 8, 2013
Hands On....iPads in Science. Taking pictures and using the Scribble Press app to work on map skills and directions in the science room. Students placed images in connection with which direction of the room they were located.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
|Photo Via paul-simpson.org|
I want to...
- Surround myself with people who will push my thinking and challenge me to be a better human being.
- Be an inspiration to all the people I work with...students, parents, teachers, and staff.
- Be a part of the decision making process.
- Empower students and provide them with a platform to share their dreams and passions.
- Make school fun, yet challenging and have it be the best part of a student's day.
- Provide opportunities for our students to experience the world outside of the Northern Virginia bubble.
- Help our students to become empathetic global citizens.
- Make a difference locally and globally.
- Provide students with an environment where inquiry, collaboration, presentation, and reflective learning are the norm.
- Work with innovators.
- Help create innovators.
- Surround myself with smart, positive people.
- Make school different.
- Create an environment where students can create, learn, and lead.
- Share my love of learning.
- Take risks.
- Provide opportunities for students to be creative problem solvers.
- Continue to dream big.
- Help students find their passions.
- Encourage teachers to find their passions.
- Build relationships/trust with the people that I interact with on a daily basis.
- Encourage others to make their mark.
- Provide authentic learning opportunities for our students.
- Create environments that are conducive to learning.
- Make my mark.
- Learn everyday.
- Look at the world differently...to have the courage to stand up and do something that isn't "safe."
I guess it is now up to me to make this all happen. It's hard to say what the future holds, but at least I have a better understanding of what I really want to do...